As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for the most trusted Wintec western saddle reviews to read? You’re in the right place!
The Wintec Western saddle unit is one of the products of the Wintec Company which manufactures quite a range of world-leading innovative systems most notably is their Horse and Rider Technology.
About the company
The Wintec Company is a subsidiary of Saddlery Brands International (formerly known as Bates Australia), originally established in 1934, and is indisputably recognized for its innovative approach to saddle manufacturing.
In particular, the synthetic “Wintec Saddle Brand”. Saddles produced by the Wintec Company are best recognized and appreciated for being
- easy-care, durable,
- and waterproof,
- as opposed to oiling like a leather saddle you can simply hose it off.
Therefore, the Wintec Western Saddle is indubitably not different and can be trusted to be easy-care, durable, weatherproof, waterproof, and qualitative just like the other saddled produced by the consistent Wintec Company.
ALSO SEE: Flexible Fit Bridle Review
Wintec Western Saddle Reviews
Now, before we dive into the review of the Wintec Western Saddle, I think it might be highly important to note that the Wintec Western Saddle is categorized into three categories which are:
- The Wintec Western Rounder,
- The Wintec Western Youth All-Rounder,
- and the Wintec Junior Western All Rounder.
CHECK PRODUCTS HERE
The reviews of these three categories of the Wintec Western Saddle are briefly explained below:
- Wintec Western All Rounder: Riders and/or horse professionals who are in search of a lightweight western saddle should neither look further nor settle lesser than the Wintec Western All Rounder.
This easy-care and worry-free Wintec Western Saddle that comes in color black or brown and size 15, 16, and 17 are suitable for the Semi Quarter Horse Bar (Standard) and/or the Full Quarter Horse Bar (Wide) options presents you with extra security in the soft, grippy seat, as well as the supple leather-look skirt and fenders.
This type of Wintec Western Saddle is also graced with weather-proof qualities that enable a horse and its rider to ride anywhere in any weather without having to worry about spending tremendous hours in the process of polishing a saddle.
Moreover, some of the other features of this type of Wintec Western saddle are a Soft open seat, a Swinging Fender, and 8.6kg/18.9lb weight. Wintec Western Youth All-Rounder:
This type of Wintec Western Saddle is a lightweight, weather-proof western saddle that is just perfect for your next adventure as a young western rider.
- The Wintec Western Youth All Rounder: comes in color black or brown and size 14 and is suitable for the Semi Quarter Horse Bar (Standard) and/or the Full Quarter Horse Bar (Wide) options, and is also guaranteed to support you and your horse on the trail or in the coral, as the soft, adherent seat gives you the adequate extra security you need for all those quick dashes and sliding stops.
Similar in quality to the Wintec Western All Rounder, this type of Wintec Western Saddle ensures that you never have to worry about spending a tremendous amount of time polishing your saddle again since this Wintec Western Youth All Rounder is weather-proof and easy to care.
Some other features of this type of Wintec Western Saddle are Cheyenne roll styled in a square skirt, Double fender format, and 8.0kg/17lb weight.
- Wintec Junior Western All Rounder: This type of Wintec Western Saddle best suite junior riders who just want to get on and go. The Wintec Junior Western All Rounder is weather-proof and worry-free, which implies that you can focus more of your time on riding.
This type of Wintec Western Saddle comes in colors black and brown and sizes 12 and 13. It also has a Rounded skirt, double fender format, and Semi Quarter horse bar features.
The soft, grippy seat of the Wintec Junior Western All Rounder offers a rider extra security when he or she goes fast, while the quick-drying, leather-look fenders support the rider’s western riding adventures.
The Wintec Western Saddle is apparently the perfect all-around saddle for riders who need a hard-wearing saddle that also provides them with extra security, aesthetic appeal, durability, and low maintenance.
The Wintec Western saddle is ideal for team penning, trail riding, pleasure riding, barrel racing, camp drafting, and any other riding adventure.
The Wintec Western saddle is built with the utilization of radically synthetic materials like Equisuede and Equileather.
Equisuede refers to a premium microfiber-based material that offers a comfortable softer than-leather feel, shock absorption, and a no-slip grip, even when wet.
Equisuede, when combined with moisture blocking and UV-resistant Equileather, results in the lowest maintenance saddle on the market.
PROS OF THE WINTEC WESTERN SADDLE
Some of the key features why the Wintec Western Saddle is suitable for horses and their riders include:
- The Wintec Western Saddle has been reported by many customers to be durable, easy to maintain, lightweight, and affordable.
- The presence of Equisuede, extra foam padded seat.
- The Fleece lined skirt of the Wintec Western Saddle is another important feature that is enjoyed by most riders who use the saddled.
- The Wintec Western Saddle is made of Duraleather which makes it a strong and easy to clean leather.
- No oiling is needed to clean the Wintec Western Saddle, as it can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- The EZ Fold Fender system of the Wintec western saddle makes enables the rider to easily and comfortably shape the fender for customized comfort.
- The availability of stainless steel hardware.
- The classic Cheyenne Roll completes a traditional look and helps to provide balance and stability.
SEE ALSO : How To Read A Wintec Saddle Serial Number – Full Guide
CONS OF THE WINTEC WESTERN SADDLE
As expected and inevitable, although numerous riders and horse professionals enjoy and appreciate various key features of the Wintec Western Saddle, several customers also have several other faults and/or flaws to point out in the Wintec Western Saddle.
Some of the faults of the Wintec Western Saddle expressed be consumers/customers include:
- Inability to fit perfectly on certain types and sizes of horses, especially a draft horse.
- Most riders and/or horse professionals experience difficulty while trying to fix stirrups.
- Complaints on absence of cinch in the saddle.
- The “17” inch seat is the largest size available. The skirt length is approximately “26” x “13”, therefore it doesn’t come in size for AArabians.
The huge positive ratings from the Wintec western saddle reviews here show this is a good choice for you.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
I’m Jack Johnson, a proud Texan and passionate horse lover. Growing up around horses has given me a natural affinity for the equine species and I’ve been able to hone my riding and training skills from an early age.
In recent years I’ve been traveling the country with my horses, competing in rodeos and other events. It was this passion that led me to create my own business, Own the Horse, to help aspiring horse lovers learn the fundamentals of horse care and training. I’m also an active member of the equine community, often volunteering my time to help preserve and promote the culture of horsemanship.
When I’m not riding, I love to spend my free time with my family and friends, camping, and fishing. Exploring the great outdoors and taking in the beauty of the Texas Hill Country is one of my favorite pastimes. I’m also an avid reader and enjoy learning more about the history and culture of the horse world.